Kolari Vision

RESULTS

  • Increase in hard profit from online sale steadily growing for 30-45% a year
  • 3rd rank for IR Conversions keyword within an extremely competitive niche
  • Custom tailored plugin for Conversion Filters Demo
  • User uploaded portfolio style gallery with advanced filtering, tagging, and security features. Internal Linking towards the products used to create specific art

Testimonial

Momentum web consulting team did a fantastic job approaching design with a focus on speed, security, and customer experience and implementation Read More

Ilija M.

Kolari Vision / Raritan, NJ

client photo

THE BAD OLD DAYS

Ilija had a situation that can be fairly described as a pure definition of the business owner nightmare. The original contractor started building the website with a complete disregard for best coding practices. As their approach was hardcoding everything (Ouch! That’s not how things are done since early 2000-ties), they were not able to finalize the website even after a two-month deadline breach. Each and every minor change on the frontend would break the layout in 5-6 additional places. Load times were sluggish and such site Google Organic Search more or less ignored due to inline code and bad permalinks.
Overall he ended up with a system that cost time, money and effort and instead of income generated frustrations and tons of work on customer support side.
He hired another developer but after two weeks the guy realized that he is not able to remediate the damage within the deadline and politely discontinued work for Ilija. We found the following comment he left in the code for upcoming developers.

REQUEST FOR CHANGE

The initial request was to finalize the website. At that point, we had a dozen of relatively minor changes requested.
Challenge was that the old system was already in use and generating headaches for Ilija on every hour of uptime.
(Leva Strana) We made an assessment of each and every piece of code and functionality. and it turned out that about 5% of the existing code is at all usable. As the core was hollow after our detailed review we advised that it’s time to cut the losses and re-create MVP (Minimum Viable Product) on a scalable starting ground that later can be built upon.

The initial request was to finalize the website. At that point, we had a dozen of relatively minor changes requested.
Challenge was that the old system was already in use and generating headaches for Ilija on every hour of uptime.

Step 1

Mimimal Viable Product

Step 2

Experience Driven Re-Vamp

Step 3

User Data Analyses Driven re-work

Step 4

Continued support and adjustments

SOLUTION

Step 1

MVP: The transitional strategy required us to keep the design as is to tackle that aspect later due to time constriction. First, we did a complete re-work of everything on a sound and scalable code base.

Step 2

Experience and Intuition Driven Re-Vamp: Once the legacy code issues were addressed we proceeded with a visual revamp of the website as there obviously was space for improvement from standpoint of copywriting and conversion best practices. At that time we set up Heatmapping and User interaction tracking tools and A/B tests for few key pages.

Step 3

After 6 months since launch of the latest version – User Behaviour Data followed by Analyses Driven Adjustments –

It proved that our hunches were mostly correct but still left space for improvement. Further, our analyses showed that features like video backgrounds, parallax sections, and other flashy elements were actually hurting the conversions as they were too distracting for elderly part of the target audience. Downplaying on dynamic and interactive elements helped us bring the conversion rates even higher.

Kolari website is already in it’s third year under our responsibility, we performed multiple adjustments smaller in scope to fine tune things.

We are continuing to build up the Kolari Vision’s MoMENTUM.